Los Angeles Microgrant Program
Empower your community with a $500 microgrant
About This Program
Nextdoor Kind Foundation will award 100 microgrants for $500 to individuals in Los Angeles County to help community members inspire kindness in their neighborhoods. We’re looking for applicants that champion community-led solutions in their neighborhoods to uplift their neighbors and bring about positive change.
What is expected of you?
- Use of your story in select marketing and promotional materials
- Expenditure of microgrant funds before the end of 2024
- Submission of a final report about the finished project within ninety days of the end of 2024
Applications open Monday, February 5, 2024 at 9 AM PST and end Friday, March 29, 2024 at 5 PM PST. Awardees will be notified in April 2024.
Criteria for Selection
Applications will be reviewed and scored by a panel of local community leaders based on how well they meet the following criteria:
- Community Impact
- Fosters Community Collaboration
- Measurable Outcomes
- Uplifts Under-Resourced Communities
Any individual that meets the following criteria is eligible to apply:
- A legal resident of Los Angeles County over 18 years of age
- Has a commitment to their neighborhood and a clear plan for how the Nextdoor Kind Foundation Microgrant funds would help inspire kindness and uplift their neighbors
How to submit your application
If you are a Los Angeles County resident dedicated to creating empowering initiatives that encourage community growth and civic engagement, we encourage you to apply!
Applications open at 9AM PST on February 5, 2024 and close at 5PM PST on March 29, 2024