Nextdoor Brand Use Guidelines
Nextdoor’s name, trademarks, logos, web pages, screenshots, demos, videos, and other brand features (individually a “Brand Asset”, collectively “Brand Assets”) are very important to Nextdoor and are protected by law. Nextdoor’s permission is required in order to use the Brand Assets. Even if Nextdoor grants you specific permission to use the Brand Assets, you agree to adhere to these Nextdoor Brand Use Guidelines (the “Guidelines”) and any other applicable Nextdoor policies.
Nextdoor generally does not permit members, third party developers, partners, or the media to use its name, trademarks, logos, web pages, screenshots, and other brand features, without its written permission. Narrow and specific exceptions are detailed below. For permission for any other uses, please contact email@example.com. Requests must be in English and include a mock of how and where you are planning to use the Nextdoor Brand Asset(s).
1. Prohibited Uses of Nextdoor’s Brand Assets
The following uses of Nextdoor’s Brand Assets are prohibited. Please do not request to:
- Modify Nextdoor’s Brand Assets;
- Use any part of Nextdoor’s Brand Assets in combination with your business name(s), brand(s), or product(s), or other trademarks, or any other generic term;
- Use Nextdoor’s Brand Assets more prominently than your product or service name;
- Use Nextdoor’s Brand Assets in a way that implies Nextdoor partners with, sponsors, or endorses your business, brand, or product (unless pursuant to an existing agreement with Nextdoor); or
- Use Nextdoor’s Brand Assets on or in promotional materials that you are distributing or selling.
2. Permitted Uses of Nextdoor’s Brand Assets
If you would like to use any of Nextdoor’s Brand Assets in a manner that requires Nextdoor’s prior written permission, as outlined below, please contact Nextdoor at firstname.lastname@example.org. If your desired use of any of Nextdoor’s Brand Assets does not require Nextdoor’s prior written permission, as outlined below, you may use such Brand Assets provided you follow these Guidelines in every instance of use.
Nextdoor’s Prior Written Permission Required:
- Use by partners or third parties on websites or otherwise (if you have a partnership or other agreement with Nextdoor, permission to use Nextdoor’s Brand Assets is governed by the terms of that agreement);
- Use in print media, TV, books;
- Use on manufactured items;
- Use in a blog; or
- Other uses not identified below.
Nextdoor’s Prior Written Permission Not Required:
- Use by the media to report on Nextdoor’s business; or
- Use by Neighbors and organizations to identify they are part of the neighborhood.
3. Brand Assets Use Requirements and Terms
If Nextdoor has given you permission to use its Brand Assets, in addition to the terms and conditions of your applicable agreement with Nextdoor respecting use of the Brand Assets, the following rules apply:
Use of Nextdoor’s Trademarks
- Nextdoor is the Sole Owner. By using a Nextdoor trademark you are acknowledging that Nextdoor is the sole owner of the trademark, that you will not interfere with Nextdoor’s rights in the trademark, including challenging Nextdoor’s use, registration of, or application to register such trademark anywhere in the world, and that you will not harm, misuse, or make disreputable any Nextdoor trademark or any word or mark confusingly similar to Nextdoor’s trademarks. If you, in the course of using Nextdoor trademarks, acquire any goodwill in any of the marks, all such goodwill will automatically vest in Nextdoor and you shall take all such actions or execute any documents necessary to affect such vesting.
- Proper Identification. Nextdoor’s trademarks must be properly identified. Proper identification of Nextdoor’s trademarks includes marking them with the appropriate trademark symbol (® or TM), and using the correct product descriptor/generic noun.
- No Modification: Nextdoor trademarks must be used as provided by Nextdoor with no modifications. Don’t remove, distort or alter any element of the logo, including changing any colors. Do not shorten, abbreviate, or create acronyms out of the Marks.
- No Confusingly Similar Marks: Don’t use Nextdoor’s trademarks in a manner that might create potential confusion as to the owner of the trademark(s) or imply that Nextdoor is the source of your products or services.
- No Incorporation: Don’t incorporate the Nextdoor trademarks into your own product name, service names, trademarks, logos, company names, domain names, website title, publication title, application icon, favicon, or the like. Don’t incorporate or use the “n” logo as part of a word.
- No Generic Use: Don’t use the Nextdoor trademarks in a way that suggests a common, descriptive, or generic meaning.
- No Plural or Possessive Use: Never use the Nextdoor trademarks in the plural or possessive form.
- Endorsement: Don’t display the Nextdoor trademarks in any manner that might imply a relationship or affiliation with, sponsorship, or endorsement by Nextdoor, or that can be reasonably interpreted to suggest that any content has been authorized by or represents the views or opinions of Nextdoor or Nextdoor personnel.
- Trade Dress: Don’t copy or imitate Nextdoor’s website design, typefaces, distinctive color, graphics designs or imagery.
- Prominence: Don’t display the Nextdoor trademarks as the primary or most prominent feature on your web page or in any non-Nextdoor materials.
Display of the Nextdoor Logo
- Logo Display: The Nextdoor logo must stand alone. You must maintain a minimum amount of space between the Nextdoor logo and other graphic or textual elements. To preserve the integrity and clarity of the logo, a standard area of “clear space” should be maintained around the logo in all uses. The minimum clear space is defined as “x” where “x” is measured by the width of the type stroke of the letter “d” in the logo.
- Logo Alignment: Always align text below the Nextdoor logo with the left descender of the “n,” not the arm of the “n.”
- Logo and Background Color: The Nextdoor logo should always be used in color for online use. The Nextdoor logo should also be used in color for print applications unless the color version is not practical, in which case the logo can be reproduced in solid black. The preferred background color for the logo is solid white. When a solid white color is not practical, it may be used on a solid, light background color. The high resolution logo must be used for all print applications. High resolution logos can be downloaded here. If you are a member of the media and have any specific requirements, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Logo Size: The Nextdoor logos may be provided in different sizes/resolutions in transparent PNG format. To ensure the logo resolution and quality are not degraded, these logos may not be enlarged beyond their native/maximum size. The minimum size is 30px tall on screen, or 0.4” tall in print applications, measured by the height of the “n.”
- Non-Disparagement: Do not use the Nextdoor Brand Assets in a manner that would disparage Nextdoor, Inc., its affiliates, or its products or services.
- Violation of Law: Don’t display the Nextdoor Brand Assets in violation of applicable law or regulation, including on on any website that contains or displays adult content, promotes gambling, involves the sale of tobacco or alcohol to persons under twenty-one years of age.
- Objectionable Use: Don’t display the Nextdoor Brand Assets in a manner that is in Nextdoor’s sole opinion misleading, unfair, defamatory, infringing, libelous, disparaging, obscene or otherwise objectionable to Nextdoor.
- Termination: Nextdoor may ask you to stop using the Brand Assets at any time. You agree to stop using the Brand assets within a reasonable period of Nextdoor’s request, but in no situation, more than seven (7) days after Nextdoor’s request.
- Reservation of Rights: Nextdoor is the owner of all rights in the Brand Assets and reserves all rights save the limited license granted here. Your use of the Brand Assets as permitted by Nextdoor shall not be construed as limiting any of Nextdoor’s rights in the Brand Assets.
- DISCLAIMER: NEXTDOOR DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTIES THAT MAY BE EXPRESS OR IMPLIED BY LAW REGARDING THE NEXTDOOR BRAND ASSETS (TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW), INCLUDING WARRANTIES AGAINST INFRINGEMENT.
4. Requirements for Specific Use Cases
Logos for Use by Partners
If you have a current agreement with Nextdoor, your use of Nextdoor’s Brand Assets is subject to the terms of the agreement. If the agreement does not cover use of Nextdoor’s Brand Assets, or if the agreement requires the prior consent of Nextdoor to use the Brand Assets, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your request and include the following information: (a) Brand Asset you would like to use, (b) location of use of such Brand Assets, (3) duration of such use, and (4) any other pertinent information.
If your request use is approved by our team, Nextdoor will provide you with a written agreement and you may use our Brand Assets in accordance with the terms of your agreement with Nextdoor and these Guidelines.
Logos For Use By the Media
Logos may be downloaded for use in reporting on Nextdoor’s business. These logos may not be altered, combined with other marks or used in a misleading manner. Your use of these logos is subject to your compliance with these Guidelines. If you are a member of the media and have any specific requirements or requests, please contact us at email@example.com.
Books or Printed Materials
Nextdoor does not allow the use of its logos or the name “Nextdoor” in the title or otherwise on the cover of books or other publications without prior written permission of Nextdoor. If you are interested in using the Nextdoor name or logos in a publication, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
For use of screenshots in a book or other printed materials, see “Screenshots” above.
Film and TV
If you would like to use Nextdoor’s logos in a television or film or video production, please contact email@example.com.
Nextdoor does not allow the use of the name Nextdoor in the title of blogs or otherwise in the blog except as a descriptive reference to Nextdoor or its services. Nextdoor does not allow use of its logos in blogs except as permitted for Nextdoor members as permitted in these Guidelines.
Generally, Nextdoor does not permit the use of its trademarks on manufactured products (T-shirts, packaging, other memorabilia). If you wish to use Nextdoor’s trademarks on manufactured items, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Additional Information
Nextdoor requires that you conform to these Guidelines in your use of any Brand Assets. We may modify these Guidelines at any time and your continued use of the Brand Assets will constitute your consent to such modifications. Nextdoor has complete discretion in determining if your use violates any of these Guidelines.
If you would like to make use of the Brand Assets in a manner not within the following Guidelines, you must seek prior written permission by contacting email@example.com.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Only members of the media will receive a response.)
Email email@example.com or visit investors.nextdoor.com.
Contact us at nextdoor.com/support.